Some protection against birds or vermin is often required with louvre installations. Insect meshes can also be specified.
Guards / meshes are usually permanently fixed to the back of louvre modules, but if required can be supplied with frames to allow for their easy removal for maintenance.
Consideration needs to be given to the impact of these accessories on airflow and, particularly when using insect mesh, ensuring easy access to louvred areas for regular maintenance.
* Our louvres are tested without any guards attached. The % reduction values are indicative of airflow performance reduction and may vary per louvre model. The values apply to new installations, or ones that had been cleaned and maintained regularly.
BIRD / VERMIN GUARDS
- Material: Galvanised steel (stainless steel option available)
- Wire diameter: 1.5 mm
- Aperture: 12.7 mm x 12.7 mm
- Finish: Unfinished as standard
- Weight: 0.37 kg/m2
- Open area: 76%
- Louvre airflow reduction*: up to 5%
- Stock size: 1220 mm wide x 30 m long roll
- Material: Aluminium alloy 1050 H14
- Material thickness: 1.14 mm
- Aperture: 33.53 mm x 12.45 mm
- Finish: Mill finished as standard, or can be powder coated in RAL colours
- Weight: 0.87 kg/m2
- Open area: 73%
- Louvre airflow reduction*: up to 10%
- Stock size: 1250 mm wide x 3000 m high sheet
- Material: PVC coated fibreglass (stainless steel option available)
- Wire diameter: 0.22 mm
- Aperture: 1.18 mm x 1.36 mm
- Finish: Black
- Weight: 0.11 kg/m2
- Open area: 72%
- Louvre airflow reduction*: up to 12%
- Stock size: 1200 mm wide x 30 m long roll
Non-active areas of a louvred façade can have single skin blanking plates or insulated panels fitted behind the louvres.
- 2 mm thick aluminium as standard.
- Supplied in sizes to best suit project requirements. Can be pre-fitted to louvre modules if required.
- Standard – mill finished aluminium
- Polyester powder coated or anodised to match louvre finish on request
- Insulated panels comprise thermal insulation core material faced on both sides with a 1 mm thick aluminium sheet and set within an aluminium channel frame.
Insulation material options include:
- Non-combustible, A1 classified (to EN 13501-1) high strength stone wool core faced with open filament net
- Extruded polystyrene core
Panel thickness will vary, depending on the chosen core type and project’s insulation requirements.
- Supplied in sizes to match louvre sizes. Can be pre-fitted to modules if required.
- Mill finished
- Polyester powder coated or anodised to match louvre finish
Where louvred doors are required to gain access into areas such as plant rooms, we offer solutions to suit most needs.
Example: doors featuring RSH-5700 blades
- Manufactured to bespoke sizes and specifications
- Maximum size of a single door leaf is 2400 mm x 1150 mm (may vary per model type)
- Single and double door configurations are available
- Door leaf frames filled with louvre blades to match the rest of the louvred façade
- Typically supplied with a door frame and pre-fitted hinges
- Other hardware, including locks, door closers etc. can be supplied
Where required, we can offer a selection of volume control dampers for installation with louvre solutions.
Motorised or manually operated options in uPVC or aluminium are available to meet performance and budget requirements.
- For areas where low leakage insulated solution is required
- Manufactured mainly from uPVC to reduce heat loss through conduction and condensation
- Corrosion resistant design
- Low U value of 1.2 W/m2K
- Drive system enclosed within the frame, for reliable long term performance and low maintenance
- Tested for air leakage (up to 2000 Pa static pressure). Low and high pressure specifications available.
- Tested to EN ISO 10140-2:2010 for acoustic performance
- Choice of actuators types
- General purpose volume control damper
- Lightweight aluminium construction
- High resistance to corrosion
- Fully protected low torque drive system for easy operation from a single manual handle or actuator
- Additional blade edge and frame side seals for reduced air leakage if required
- Opposed blade motion as standard, parallel motion on request (see sectional details)
- Control options for manual and motorised operation
La razón principal para usar celosías es permitir el paso del aire. La inclusión de celosías propone un equilibrio entre forma y función, en el que el aspecto de las celosías de la fachada juega un papel importante en el proceso de selección.